Monday, September 14, 2009

Motherhood Is A Beautiful Mess


Motherhood is a beautiful mess. From the beginning stages of pregnancy there are the messes of puking and then, once the babies come, there are messes exploding, literally exploding, from every angle.
Oh, but they are beautiful messes.
For without these messes I would never know the joy of loving these little people or the joy of being loved by them. While I love to organize, make lists and add order to chaos, my children are teaching me the beauty of life that happens when I leave the laundry in piles and kick the crumbs under the rug for one more day.

So, this is my blog- the place where I will share my latest organizing idea or dilemma along with the messy and beautiful stories of my life as a mom.

I have added this picture to the first post as a reminder that messes add to the beauty of life.

-Erin

4 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

You have my support, as a wife of a man who frequently loses cell phone, keys, wallet almost once a day. He left all three of those things on top of the van last summer while loading Clara in the car and I drove halfway across town before they fell off onto the side of the street and a very nice person drove across town to our house to bring them back to us!

Sara said...

Yaaaaa Erin! I am so excited you are blogging! Get us organized:)
I too am TRYING to learn how to let things go......somedays I just have no choice:)

Check out my blog if you get a chance. I use mine as a "scrapbook" of our family. I'm going to print it into a book someday-since I don't do the real scrapbook thing. (I have a feeling my pages wouldn't be good enough and I would have to redo them-so I just don't go that route:))

Unknown said...

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and thoughts! You are an inspiration to me! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I Love your ideas for chalk board paint! You're so creative....I also love your comments about the beauty of life in messes....it's so true. I'm getting little tastes of that being an organized Aunt of two sweet and messy little people. :) I've loved reading your blog....keep it up!
Julia H