Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Little Less Waste

I will abstain from getting on a soap box and just assume that we can all agree that a little less waste in the world is a good thing. Without being obsessive, there are so many ways to reduce waste. Check out the blog on my list there on the left called "Crunchy Chicken"- she has tons of green living tips.


I bought towels at the Goodwill, cut them up and serged the edges. Wah-la! Paper towel replacements. I used to neatly roll everyone of them until I realized that was INSANE! There is such a thing as wasting time too. We keep a bucket of light bleach water under the sink to throw them in.




I use soft baby washcloths for wiping the dirty face of a sweet little girl I know. Instead of using 5 washcloths a day for various food encounters or runny noses, I use 1-2. I wash them out well and hang them until the next use that day.


Although not pictured here, IKEA does sell inexpensive cloth napkins or you can make your own from second hand fabric. My friend has a napkin in a napkin ring for each family member so they can be easily identified. She washes them when they are dirty which can take more then one meal.

No comments: