Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just Like Me...



It's so sweet when we see these little people imitating us...when it's the positive they mimic. I didn't mind catching Finley sorting her hair clips by color; sorting is a great skill. I also don't mind her using some of my lines on me during the day. She recently reminded me in her sweet three year old voice, "Accidents happen" and "Maybe if you carry just one thing, that won't happen" after I dropped everything in my arms. However, it wasn't so flattering when she rather harshly reprimanded me with, "Please don't ever do that again" after I had put one of her toys in the wrong spot. Her words echoed in my mind and heart. In that instant I was glimpsing what it must feel like for her and my husband to be on the other end of my words.

No comments: